Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cabin Fever

This week I've crocheted quite a bit. I keep plugging along with the new blanket...
and this is why...


A section of our backyard
This is Michael on the tractor trying to scrape our drive


The view from our couch. He's staring at me
 So I stayed home from work half the day Wednesday and all day Thursday. It was nice, minus the snow...I'm not a fan.


This is Ireland's fave motif for her blanket

 This is the owl motif from Repeat Crafter Me

I think we got around a foot of snow. Fortunately, the sun came out after the snow and I made it out to work on Friday. This weekend is beautiful and sunny. It will be 70 degrees by Friday...only in North Carolina.

I'm still working on the blanket and a package for a secret swap on Ravelry. I can't show it until later. I wouldn't want my swap recipient to see what I made her. 

Have a great Sunday!



12 comments:

  1. Firstly, that is an Awesome snowman! Secondly that crochet is gorgeous :) Love the bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonitas fotos de la la nieve y ese muñeco de nieve es muy bonito ,me gusta mucho lo que esta haciendo de crochet y el buho me encanta .
    Besos !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're practically neighbors! I don't mind the snow, as long as the power stays on, I have plenty of coffee, and lots of crocheting ptojects to work on! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind it if I don't have to work, but that is never the case. At least it is going away quickly. What part of NC are you from or living in at the moment? I'm about 25 minutes west of Winston-Salem. (Yadkinville to be exact)

      Delete
  4. I am in Kingsport Tn. Funny I had a big snowman protecting my yard thanks to my kids. I am currently making Repeat me Crafter's owl hat. I love her patterns but I seem to be stuck on owls :) Hope your snow is melting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a fan of snow either. I really like the owl on your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful landscape!! but I understand it can be very uncomfortable and hard work. I love your blanket it is absolutely fantastic.
    Have a nice week!!

    Lluisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say it is quite beautiful, well from here anyway. Glad you got to stay home and spend some time crocheting, I don 't think you get to do that near as much as you should.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, i'm just a teeny bit jealous of all that snow... enjoy it! Love the owl motif! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures - and the snowman makes me feel right at home in Texas - minus the snow. Your owl is beautiful - you are so good with colors!

    Blessings,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete