Sunday, July 31, 2016

Vacation

The last week of July we got in the car and just drove. We made no reservations or plans. We did ask for a week off from work ahead of time. I even forgot to take my camera. So all photos taken are iPhone pics. After driving all day, we ended up in Florida


This is Summer Haven beach. It's about 15 minutes south of St. Augustine. We found a cottage on the beach, which took us half a day to find, because after all, it is peak beach season. The great thing about this location is the seclusion. We hate a crowded beach, and this place is perfect because there are only a handful of cottages for several miles. We had it all to ourselves for 6 days.


One evening we drove back up to St. Augustine beach and tried Salt Life Food Shack which had pretty good seafood and drinks. This is a Happy Captain 


Ireland and I wanted to visit the dolphins, so we went to Marineland which is only two miles from our cottage. She was pretty excited




I have mixed feelings about places like this. I hate to see wild animals in captivity and can only hope these precious dolphins have more space to live and swim in than what we saw during the experience. Our dolphin was Tomo, and is one of the younger boys there. He was such a sweet boy and seemed happy. I let myself have a good time despite my mixed feelings.

We also took the Old Town Trolley tour of historic St. Augustine. This has to be the most beautiful city I've seen.





Our last day was spent at Ripley's and then the lighthouse, because I just love them





And then to the beach



Our last day felt perfect... I didn't want want to think about leaving, which was strange considering I had been homesick for the previous 2 days.

In the past couple of weeks I haven't crafted very much. Girl Scout season is starting again, so I'm trying to get ready for it. The next post will be about crochet... I have a couple of patterns to share...they were included in a book coming out next month.

8 comments:

  1. I have only been to St Augustine once, I need to go back because it is a wonderufl place to visit. So glad you had a nice trip.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos of St. Augustine. I also love it! The beaches, the old city, the lighthouse, it's all lovely!
    Looking forward to your crochet patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such neat pics - looks like a great deal of fun had by all! Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip..
    http://freecrochetpattern.weebly.com/free-crochet-patterns-blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful place, hope someday i could go there ... ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful place, hope someday i could go there ... ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! Thanks so much for the photos ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sure you had a great time.

    http://games-gameworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have captured the moments beautifully. Pictures are showing that you people had loads of fun in your vacations by going out for picnics and trips. I also visit beach when i have my vacations.

    ReplyDelete